This isn’t just about playing with lumber, we work with concrete, steel, dirt, drywall, trim, glass, and so much more. TW Clark Construction is seeking skilled, experienced, knowledgeable Foremen (Forewoman, Foreman, Foreperson) to join the team, and be part of the organization’s growth and successes in the Greater Spokane region. We need dependable and motivated foremen to support our superintendents and deliver the quality building projects our team is known for in the region. Last but far from least, Leadership skills are critical for success in this role. We are a fun team to work with, so if the following details sounds like a fit for you, give us a call!
Career Opportunity: Commercial Construction Foremen (Non-Exempt, Full-time opportunity in Spokane Valley, WA)
Organization: TW Clark Construction
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Travel Requirements: Within 300 miles of Spokane Valley
Compensation: Competitive Wage and benefits package.
Summary/Objective: The foreman role at TW Clark Construction is a key member of the job site team. This is a mid-level construction worker with multiple years of experience in a particular trade who is charged with organizing the overall construction of a specific aspect of a large project or provide oversight of a project in absence of the project superintendent. Additionally, a foreman will train employees under his or her supervision, ensure appropriate use of equipment by employees, communicate progress on the project to a supervisor (superintendent and/or project manager) and maintain the employee schedule. Foremen may also arrange for materials to be at the construction site and evaluate plans for each construction job. Lastly, Foremen are expected to perform a variety of finish and rough carpentry services. Duties may vary, but overall consist of construction / erection of wall frames, supports, stairways, and roofing structures using wood and wood product materials. Inspect, repair, install, modify, rebuild, construct, and maintain woodwork and other related structures. Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, stairways, and other wooden fixtures. Measure, cut, saw, plane and fasten pieces of wood. Install subflooring and trusses. Some duties include shaping / installing metal rebar, interior and exterior framing, window and door installment, siding, roofing, stairs and handrails, decks, floor systems, cabinet fabrication, etc. Duties may also include drywall, finish carpentry, and painting. Inspect blueprints and layout the phases of construction.
Equipment Frequently Used:
- Hammer, tape measure, chalk line, carpenter’s pencil.
- Utility knife, utility belt, tin snips, nail puller.
- Speed square, framing square, levels, clamps.
- Wood chisel, screwdrivers, carpenter’s square.
- Marking tools, circular saw, drill, reciprocating saw.
- Sander, extension cords, air compressor, nail guns.
- Air hoses, compound miter saw, table saw, nail gun.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial construction.
- 2+ years’ experience training and/or supervising laborers or carpenters.
- Working knowledge of operating hand tools, power tools, and building materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs., from floor to waist level and waist to shoulder level.
- Verbal communication skills.
- A valid, State issued and insurable Drivers’ license.
Additionally Required Qualifications
- Authorized to work in the United States
TW Clark Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TW Clark Construction does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.