Career Opportunity: Carpenter ( Non-Exempt, Full-time opportunity )
Organization: TW Clark Construction
Location: Billings, Montana [also available in Wenatchee, WA and Kalispell, MT]
Travel Requirements: Within 300 miles of Billings, MT
Summary/Objective: Perform a variety of finish and rough carpentry services. Duties may vary, but overall consist of construction / erection of wall frames, supports, stairways, and roofing structures using wood and wood product materials. Inspect, repair, install, modify, rebuild, construct, and maintain woodwork and other related structures. Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, stairways, and other wooden fixtures. Measure, cut, saw, plane and fasten pieces of wood. Install subflooring and trusses. Some duties include shaping / installing metal rebar, interior and exterior framing, window and door installment, siding, roofing, stairs and handrails, decks, floor systems, cabinet fabrication, etc. Duties may also include drywall, finish carpentry, and painting. Inspect blueprints and layout the phases of construction.
Equipment Frequently Used:
- Hammer, tape measure, chalk line, carpenter’s pencil.
- Utility knife, utility belt, tin snips, nail puller.
- Speed square, framing square, levels, clamps.
- Wood chisel, screwdrivers, carpenter’s square.
- Marking tools, circular saw, drill, reciprocating saw.
- Sander, extension cords, air compressor, nail guns.
- Air hoses, compound miter saw, table saw, nail gun.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of operating hand tools, power tools, and building materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs., from floor to waist level and waist to shoulder level.
- Verbal communication skills.
- A valid, State issued and insurable Drivers’ license.
Additionally Required Qualifications
- Authorized to work in the United States
EEO Statement: TW Clark Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TW Clark Construction does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.